Saturday 24 November 2018

NOW WHAT!! @$#@

Ever since the getting the RV back on the road after the "DRUNK DRIVER INCIDENT of 2015"..I'd noticed a slight metallic scraping noise coming from the front derailleur...numerous investigations into trying to located the source of this "noise" proved fruitless. No matter how I tried to locate exactly where it was coming from,  I couldn't pin it down.

Until....

One eventful ride....

Taking a sweeping right hand bend, slightly off camber, and accelerating, changing up a cog to gain more speed....

BANG!!

Next thing I know, the jellybean is on its side and we're sliding down the pathway....WTF!!

WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!

How the hell do you roll a Rotovelo....I thought...I get the "going to fast & centrifugal force wins" scenario,  or "turn too hard at speed" etc.,

Result...on wriggling out if the wreckage

Gravel rash on the left shoulder.(..haven't done that in years)...a knock to the head... One hell of a fright!! and a destroyed Flevobike roof. Some scratches to the side and "turtle deck" but otherwise the RV looks ok......

From what I can gather,  the chain jammed between the jockey wheel and rear derailleur...I guess there was some "slackness" in the chain just as I changed gears and VOILA!! locked back wheel and over she went....

A few minutes to get myself together,  repack the RV...bits went everywhere.. check gear changing...seems ok....

Ride home..

No comments:

Post a Comment