Thursday 16 January 2014

The Countdown Begins........

Ooooooo!! its the start of 2014 and things are getting scary....

Only a few months more to actually get things properly organised! Time waits for no Velonaut!!

I've still got to track down a decent action camera.(Currently researching the GoPro Range) This will be a Once in a Lifetime Opportunity, and I want to record it in as many ways as possible....at least on video!  as well as this 'blog.

I'm going to need a durable water carrier with a large capacity... It'll take me a couple of days cycling to get between the roadhouses on the Nullabor plain and its going to be thirsty work.(Thinking of the MSR Dromadery 10Litre Water Carrier.... maybe I'll need two, 20L capacity) Better to have too much water, than expire and become road kill for the Wedgetails.

Another line of thought is whether to carry some sort of GPS tracker / EPIRB....
GPS tracker so friends and family (and all my avid followers) can see just where I might expire  LOL
and the EPIRB for rescue if required!

Then there's working out tucker for the 1200km from Norseman to Ceduna ( towns with Supermarkets)... 50 packets of two minute noodles anyone!!   LOL

I'd better get cracking..................


No comments:

Post a Comment