Monday 1 May 2023

Day 44. Tour 4 Legacy ..the penultimate ride

So today brings the second last day of the Ride Across Australia 4 Legacy...
I don't know how I'm feeling,  it's somewhat difficult to think that it's all just about over. 

A cold morning here in Mittagong, with crystal clear skies...it's looking like a great day. 

Today's ride is to include a visit to my Transport Sponsor, GMK Logistics and a gentle ride towards tonight's accommodation. 

Added bonus...it's downhill most of the way. 👌

30km to the only roadhouse on my route and 2nd breakfast, which was kindly donated by a Mum & her Son who we're totally in awe of what I've achieved. 
Thank you very much 😊 

Oh look! The petrol bowsers are closed 😆

In my case, as long as there's food...I'm all good 🥧🥪☕️


Thankfully the day's riding was uneventful, a nice day and a nice ride..

Then I finally reached this sign....
I lost it. 😭 reality hit me.... I've cycled across the Nation!  It was pretty hard trying to cycle up the next rise....maybe it was the sunscreen getting in my eyes...but I doubt it. 😉



At last, a chance to relax and jump back onto a proper cycle path, and really let the achievement set in. 



Dot watcher Andrew caught up with me whilst I loaded up on those comfort calories at you know where... "M" 🍔🍟🥛

I spent an enjoyable time with the team at GMK Logistics relating some stories from the road. 

They tell me that they are happy to offer their services again, should I wish to repeat my adventure....

I'll need some time to think about that 🤔 😎😉


The last 20km of the day was all on shared pathway to tonight's digs...

I guess the Jaffa deserves a night inside...🌜


No comments:

Post a Comment