Thursday 16 March 2023

Perth prep and tourism

What to do today?

I reckon a ride to the city for lunch, check out the views from Kings Park......maybe even drop into Legacy House and introduce myself...they may have heard about my upcoming exploits...

But first Coffee..
the orange bike at The Orange Box Cafe. A very nice place...good service, good coffee too. Had a chat with some locals curious about the Rotovelo...I seem to draw a crowd 😉 . I get that. You can't be shy if you own a Velomobile, especially here in Australia. 

I remember the PSP from Freo to Perth as being pretty good, some parts are showing their age but mostly it's pretty well maintained. 

The view from Kings Park is always great. I could spend the day just soaking it in. Bad timing on getting here for lunch. All the tourist bus passengers have the same thought. Lunch with a view. The queues for coffee and food put me off waiting....standing out in 32°C sun didn't help. So, I settled for trail mix and Gatorade which I always carry with me. 

I wandered over to Legacy House and met the people working there. They had heard about my ride and were happy to chat for a while...with the obligatory photo session 😀 

Time to head back.... and grab some afternoon tea at where else but the Golden Arches.... 🍔🍦

It was a pretty hot ride back to Fremantle, the "hills" on the PSP didn't seem this big on the way out.....🥵

Pretty soon the "Fremantle Doctor" started blowing and the air was cooler and more pleasant riding. 
A bit of shopping for some needed items,  dinner and bed...

A good day's adventure. 

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you, my big, crazy bro! Stay safe and have fun! Your mad but....inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... us eccentric folk give you "normals" something to chat about 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete