Wednesday 26 April 2023

Day 39. Tour 4 Legacy

.... it seems to be a bit chilly this morning, there's quite a heavy dew on the tent... but I sleep very warm of a night...sometimes a bit too warm, waking in a lather of sweat. 

It must be the beanie and bed socks 🤭 

....but I think it's the "sea to summit" thermal sleeping bag liner.... it truly works as claimed in my opinion ... to increase the warmth of your sleeping bag by 5°C to 15°C.  a pretty good piece of kit. 





It's turning out to be a cracking day for riding... and the pictures don't do the scenery justice....


An informative comfort stop...
A lot of the rest areas are named for Victoria Cross recipients, with information of their Citation and a bit of life history. 

Thank you for your service. 


Moving on to 2nd breakfast again 👍🏻



Crystal clear skies, cool temperatures, very little wind....😎



I had a marvellous run into Holbrook, small undulations, 35kph and faster for the last couple of kilometres...totally great fun....proper velomobile riding 😀 

In the town of Holbrook is the display of HMAS Otway ...a full size Submarine. 

This picture shows the propellers and rear stabiliser...
... a bit to big to attach it to the Jaffa 😀😎



....and at the "pointy end"


"Daddy, I've found you 😍..
..will I grow up to be as big as you?" said the Jaffa...

....lunch at the Submarine Cafe 👍🏻👍🏻

In checking the weather forecast, rain is due pretty soon, as early as Friday morning... time to devise a plan for its arrival...

I reckon I'll stop here today, & head for Gundagai tomorrow and maybe take a rest day while the rain passes through. 🤔

Due to the wet pack up this morning, best to get things dry for tonight. 

Good to see my mascots are still getting along 😉




No comments:

Post a Comment