Sunday 9 April 2023

Day 22....and I'm off ...on my own ..."Tour 4 Legacy" ...Right turn Clyde

Day 22 Happy Easter 🐣 


Gladly I am not too far off the grid for the Easter Bilby to find me....maybe he's a dot watcher?  👍😋

On the road again by 7.30am and off to a good start. A downhill run. It's currently 7°C, and a bit "fresh around the gills"..goosebump weather. 

There's no point in rugging up just because it feels cold....and flying downhill doesn't help...I'm shivering as I hit 42kph on this run...
Fun is over soon enough, and it's back to slogging it out and climbing again... I'm used to the 1% & 2% rises, there's been plenty of them. 

It's becoming very slow going as the gradients increase to 4%.....then 5%.....urgh!
The temperature has doubled in an hour...15°C...

Now it's hit 6% WHAT THE!! 

I'm in the lowest gear and climbing at 5.6kph!  My walking pace is 6kph!   ..... at least I can keep the pedals turning over at a comfortable pace..90rpm...that helps the knees. 

30km to Kimba.....😕

20km to Kimba...🥵
Temperature has cracked 20°C....🥵🥵😎

5km to Kimba....dammit I want coffee and cake NOW! 😠

FINALLY!  Coffee and toastie and I'm in a better mood 😌 





As usual, I can't stop anywhere without attracting a crowd....

All this talking about the Jaffa, and what & why I'm out here... cycling for fun 🙃....

Motorists & Caravaners just don't get it 🤣🤣

3rd breakfast & seudo lunch...time to make a move (after losing 2hrs 🙄) & get a wiggle on for Cowell....90km away. 


Theme for the day.....many looong slow climbs....a few terrific downhill runs...*repeat*
Approaching rain, so I stop & snuggle in again with the cockpit cover on...only one heavy rain shower.... can't complain. 

Until the final descent into Cowell....a magnificent 16km run ALL DOWNHILL !!


WOOHOO!! cracked 70kmh on one section...mostly well above 35kph....top gear and cranking the legs over...best part of the day's ride. 😎😎👍

Made it into the Cowell Foreshore Caravan Park 10min before they closed....
and  scored the last available cabin for the night 👌👍

1st order of business...get cleaned up,  get everything charging,  then off to the Pub for a beer with dinner. 

PS... got to park the Jaffa inside again 👌

Day Complete. 

😴

No comments:

Post a Comment