Thursday 13 April 2023

Day 24 Tour 4 Legacy

Morning all! 🌅
It was a pretty breezy night, the wind only died off marginally after sunset. But it was a pleasant enough sleep with the tent fly flapping around all night long. 

Breakfast, repack, and belt down the hill from Camp Kulpara ... 65kph downhill on a cold morning soon had tears in the eyes from the wind, and with the crappy road surface on the bends, I had to stay out in the middle of the traffic lane for fear of coming unstuck, or bouncing and drifting very wide, if I hugged the fog line. 

Bad luck drivers, I'm in a vehicle, using vehicle "infrastructure"....a very loose term for "SA's great road surface".....pffft 😠

Port Pirie for 2nd breakfast 😋 
Then onto the highway 🚀... where if the "breakdown lane" was smooth tarmac, that's where I rode...cranking along at 36-42kph! Nice 😎.....and if the "breakdown lane" went to crappy chip seal, it was out into the lane so I could keep my speed up.  Drivers had a whole other lane to pass me, and there was no drama at all. 

SA drivers can do it all properly.....sometimes 🤷‍♂️
....other times they're suicidal nut bags! 😡



I diverted at Two Wells and headed cross country to join up with the IPWR route at Windsor Gardens and followed the bike path (if you can call it that! It needs a major resurfacing due to all the tree roots uplifting and cracking the surface) 



Finally coming to the last climb of the day up King William Street to Victoria Square. 


Only to find the area totally fenced off!...it's become a construction site for some festival or other,  and I was denied access for a front on pic of Queen Victoria.....




So, here's her butt!! 🤣😎🤷‍♂️


The next best thing is this water feature in the park next door. 

Digs for a couple of nights....

Dann doorway is 30mm too narrow in order to get the Jaffa inside. .... fortunately I can lock it to the verandah post outside the room 👍

So far, so good. Rest day tomorrow 





No comments:

Post a Comment