Monday 17 April 2023

Day 30. Tour 4 Legacy

It seems a shame that I have to leave such a great Caravan Park 🙃 .... it's cold enough to stay in the sleeping bag, but there's miles to be covered. 

Autopilot.... deflate, compact, reload, breakfast and on the road.....again 😀

It must be cold, it's after 8am. 

Stiff legs this morning, it took about a kilometre to get the rhythm back. 
Once I'd managed the first 2% climb of the morning, the legs, heart and lungs are back in full working order 😎

Just under 40km and I'm rolling into Nhill and looking for......Coffee and cake or maybe a couple of pies 🥧 🤔 


Today's bakery of choice...Wimmera Bakery 👍🏻

For second breakfast 😋..


Back into it and the search for the next bakery..
40 more km's and Dimboola is ......lunch time 🥧🥧

I had fresh legs after a couple of pies, but the 4% incline to get back on the highway soon brought back reality that I've been travelling for 30 days. 


I like how, now that I'm back in "civilisation", I don't have to carry 14 litres of water every day.....and cafes are a comfortable 40 or so kilometres apart. 👍🏻

I'd come across my first lot of roadworks in quite a long time. The flagman allowed me to keep riding through while stopping the traffic behind me ... at least this time I know there won't be some impatient driver trying to squeeze past....just because they "must get in front"!!

This made for a pleasant ride for the last 3km into Horsham. Nice. 

The desire for afternoon tea strikes 
and, what do you know....I  see the Golden Arches in the distance....cool...Coffee time! 

The legs are pretty tired after today's 120km. It might be time to call it a day. 



Yeah. That's enough for me today. 

Tenting it again tonight. 

Dinner time. Camp kitchen style 😋 👍🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment