Friday 14 April 2023

Day 27... Tour 4 Legacy

..... a comfortable camp despite being close to the highway.... earplugs deaden the noise. 
Quite a foggy start to the day....noticeable because there's no bird call at dawn. 

The tent fly has quite a bit of condensation on the inside, but everything is pretty much dry. Packed, fed, and into the fray around 7.40am..

First car to overtake me, I've only travelled 450m and they have to lean on the horn! ...because, hey...it's South Australia....🙄🙄🙄

Knucklehead 😞!

1.5km further along and SAPOL are "concerned for my safety" again...after following me for about 150m, on go the lights and sirens 🚨 

Seems I'm a menace to society, I need to be more visible...."please stay off the road until the fog clears"... even though visibility is a good 300-400m.... dunno how much more visible a 3m long, bright orange velomobile,  with flashing front and rear lights needs to be...

Anyway, the weather improved,....
but not the knuckleheaded drivists...🤷‍♂️

they seem to take great thrill in barrelling flat out into on coming traffic!! whether that be oncoming cars, caravans and trucks, and oncoming Police motorcycles 😯

instead of waiting 10 seconds for vehicles to pass, they'd rather kill everyone on the road because of their own impatience! 


Meanwhile it's lunchtime. 
Coonalpyn for Waffles 🧇 😋 


I think I've worked out why I lose so much velocity at times.... hitch hiking critters....🤔


I checked in on the upcoming weather forecast that I had seen in Adelaide ...rain for the weekend. Hmmm. The rain radar showed it moving fairly quickly... 


It might be time to make a decision...stop earlier than planned & find somewhere dry to camp overnight, or take the "Pepsi Challenge" & risk getting cold and wet in trying to press on 🤔.....

Afternoon tea in Tintinara beckons...


Dark clouds in the distance.... wind has changed direction and it's getting cooler...


I'm going to take the dry option...

48hr free camp (donation in the tin) .... sounds good to me. 


Dinner done, vehicle garaged, hotel "mi casa, su casa" set up. ...

It's not raining.....yet 








No comments:

Post a Comment