Saturday 29 April 2023

Day 41..Tour 4 Legacy

And the dog sat on the Tuckerbox, 5 miles from Gundagai....

There was a light rain shower at about 3.30am this morning, with a forecast of very wet weather to come for the next few days 😳....today I just want to beat it to Yass. 


1st breakfast is at the cafe near the Dog on the Tuckerbox monument. About 7km north of Gundagai. 


Then it's off to go hill climbing for most of the day. I'll just tackle them one pedal stroke at a time. Just find a comfortable pace with relaxed breathing and settle in for the ride 



⅓ of the way up the first big climb and it's good to know that I'm pretty safe from getting pinged for breaking the speed limit 😉🤣

I did have a Highway Patrol car and Police motorcycle both go past me...which was a change from having them stop me to "chat about road safety" 😎

I guess drivists here can see me  🤷‍♂️🙄







Sometimes a comfort stop just involves letting sweaty feet get some relief 😌



One of the last big climbs of the day...
650m in 25°C heat, dragging the Jaffa still at 140kg doesn't get any easier 😒 
But! There's always a "down" side....😍

Looking back over my shoulder and the looming dark clouds are getting closer...I'd forgotten about the approaching rain 🌧 


Afternoon tea...🤷‍♂️
Always time for afternoon tea..



Impeccable timing....pulled into tonight's stopover and the heavens opened 


...Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment