Monday 24 April 2023

Day 37. Tour 4 Legacy

... a heavy dew has settled on the tent fly, that's going to have to be packed up wet....of which I'm not a fan...


Still, I've places to go...

Packed and mobile at 7.15am....

Oh! Breakfast?...

Of course πŸ€” next block along from last night's camp πŸ• 

Gotta keep those points happening πŸ’²to score the freebies πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰

A bit of a steep climb back out onto the highway, which always gets rid of the morning chills.  ❄️❄️

20km on, comfort stop and 2nd breakfast πŸ˜‹ 

Just before the village of Avenel, I came across this sign...




...as this ride is a fund-raiser for Legacy and tomorrow is ANZAC Day, it made me feel pretty emotional...and I'll admit I shed quite a few tears 😒   

Ever grateful for their sacrifice. 



Just prior to Euroa, the scheduled lunch stop for today, the "boys in blue" appeared again to do their "duty of care" and check on my welfare .... all those concerned truck drivers,  gotta love 'em πŸ™ƒ so worried about my safety ... it's obviously too hard to move 1m to their right....they don't even have to move into the next lane....
Just move across to the centreline and just drive past.... I'm riding ½m to the left of the fog line.. you move to the centreline.....voila! 
1.5m clearance as required by law!

Anyway, I digress....


Almost at today's destination and the Jaffa needs another comfort stop....must be all the coffee, water, electrolytes and chocolate milk 🀷‍♂️



Into Benalla and tonight's digs at the Tourist Caravan Park 

Just have to dry off last night's dew, and settle in... with a bit of Jaffa maintenance while things dry out....

Dinner done, feet up.....
They even have "recumbent" chairs in the camp kitchen πŸ‘πŸ»

All set 😎....

No comments:

Post a Comment