Tuesday 25 April 2023

Day 38. Tour 4 Legacy ANZAC DAY

Plan....

*Dawn Service 
*Breakfast 
*Stuff everything in the Jaffa 
*Ride

Yet another day begins... I had the alarm set for a 5.15am start, to be able to get to the 6am Dawn Service for Benalla's ANZAC Day.

Campsite to Cenotaph.. a 15min ride. 

... I just happened to notice the lights were on at the Golden Arches as I was heading in....

of course..junk calories are one of the major food groups, for any meal aren't they? 


Solemn and respectful to start the day, with quite a large crowd in attendance. 

A nice service with just the noise of the birds breaking the dawn stillness...





I stopped to get a picture of daybreak from the bridge over LakeBenalla... and with yet another discussion about the bike and Legacy, find myself in the picture. 



Loaded with calories, the Jaffa also Loaded....it was one of my latest starts for getting out on the road. 8.30am. 

20km into the morning and I'm feeling like it's time for 2nd breakfast....

BP Glenrowan for toastie and, you guessed it....Coffee 🙃😎


I'd like to make it to Chiltern today, seeing as i had a later start...or possibly Wodonga, depending on the "terrain"...(read that as "how big are the hills?")...if things go well I'd consider the extra few km's into NSW. 
It'll feel good to be back in my home State again. 😌 

All this cycling and I'm hungry again...10km to Chiltern and I'm feeling the "bonk" starting to come on.....

Maybe a comfort stop and a couple of muesli bars will settle my stomach...


I spy with my little eye, something beginning with .👀.....Bakery!  🥧🥪☕️!!


Chiltern Bakery..... 2 pies, coffee, chocolate milk.....and buy a Coke (to save for the end of the day 🥫)


After getting some food into me and checking the road's elevation profile ...it's pretty much downhill....NSW HERE I COME!

A really good downhill run too...the so called "bike" lane has been mostly clear of debris pretty much all day...fairly stress free riding 😀 

Cruising along at 28-45kph was rather enjoyable for those last 20km or so of the day. 



 Back in my home State IS a good feeling....now to get tonight's stopover sorted..

Spotted by Dot watcher Steve just as I rolled back into NSW, we had a good chat about my time on the road so far. Thanks Steve 👍🏻 


This looks like a decent spot to spend the night....🤔

No comments:

Post a Comment