Wednesday 19 April 2023

Day 32. Tour 4 Legacy

Magpies carolling at dawn.... 4.40am? 

Just because the external camp kitchen lights are on, doesn't mean it's dawn!....

There were a couple of light rain showers throughout the night, nothing too severe, loud enough on the tent to wake me & roll over nod off again. 

Breakfasted, packed and rolling just after 8am. 
The local Highway Patrol car followed me out of town, probably wanted to make sure I left 😉... he drove beside me for about 30 metres then went off on his way. 

Cool 😎

It seemed like a good omen for the day, hopefully. 

The day went surprisingly well...I think it was because there are more overtaking lanes,  and dual highway sections as I get closer to Melbourne. 

Beaufort was 2nd breakfast stop. The Pyrenees Pantry was Bakery of choice. I dined in on a great Lamb and Rosemary pie 🥧 😋 
Coffee was good as well. 

I collected another sticker for the collection 👍🏻

More riding,  then I took the turn-off to ride through the Avenue of Honour...



Every tree, on both sides of the road, for almost 15km has a plaque placed beside i naming all the local Service People that did their duty during times of War...



On to Ballarat, where I'd organised to meet up with "middle sister" ❤️ whom I hadn't seen since "The Before Time" .... before "Covid" was a word.. we'd even heard of. 

Lunch sharing and yarn telling quickly filled in a couple of hours. It was excellent to get together after such a long separation. 😊😎


Early check-in by 25 minutes ... time to dry off last night's rain...

Who says you can't get things dry in Ballarat 🤔😯🤣

Camped up indoors tonight,  it's been about a week since I last slept in a bed.... I'm going to enjoy it. 

Then, there are calories....I need calories 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment