Saturday 8 April 2023

IndiPac Day 21

Where have the last three weeks gone? 

From leaving Fremantle on March 18....many km's have passed under the wheels of the Jaffa...

Currently bush camped about 40km short of Kimba... the township nearest to the half way point between Perth and Sydney. 

Today began with the usual after bush camp routine...dismantle, play tetris to get everything back in the Jaffa... breakfast, squeeze myself in..with a few adjustments...and out on the road around 7.30am. 

Within the first 2km I was already tackling the first 2% climb of the morning. There'll be plenty more to come before the day is over. 

A short comfort stop at Minnipa, where all services are closed for the Easter break...even the petrol station. 

The road through to Wudinna was tough going. Climb, descend, climb, descend, then looong climb..no descend....then.... I feel like I'm riding on flat tyres 😯😯...
No, it's just the road surface, something about this particular type of tar that just feels terrible....I'm pedalling hard, but I feel like I'm not going anywhere 😕😕

The road surface looks flat and I should be moving faster!...it HAS to be the road....grr!

Did I say there was lots of 1%,2%,...even one or two 3% and 4%!!  How much more of this before Wudinna? 

FINALLY....I feel like my speed is getting better...riding more downhill now...yay!
A good run for the last few km's into Wudinna...it's 11.20am & the Bakery & Supermarket close at Midday...I've got to make a decision... Coffee or groceries first? 

Groceries win, ... better to have food on board... then relax with a coffee. 

No dice! Seems the Bakery closed while I was shopping.  😠

Heading back out on to the highway, the local roadhouse was open! "Happy Dance" 😀😀😎
Coffee and sandwich 👍 chocolate milk for afternoon tea at the next rest area....and what will end up as a "warm" Coke for that end of day, sugar fix 😋 

Camp set...dinner and a warm Coke...not a bad way to top off 130km cycled today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment