Saturday 8 April 2023

day twenty twooo, I've made a decision.

My "tracking dot" is about to go off course...

A DIVERSION....


[  ] Having considered my current situation up to this point of IPWR 23, including time available, costs, School AND Easter holiday traffic, alpine weather etc., I have made the decision to carry on with IPWR 23 as per IPWR Ride Rule 1. "I AM MY OWN RIDE ORGANISER. I understand that this is my own personal ride. I understand that I alone am the organiser of my ride."

[  ] So in heeding that, I'm heading out to finish IPWR 23 "on my own course" for Sydney. .. As many of you may have heard, I am also doing this ride as a Legacy Challenge, to Ride Across Australia, for the purpose of raising funds for the great Service Legacy provides for Veterans and their families. I intend to make it through to Sydney.

[  ] My planned route from here therefore,  is to cycle direct to Adelaide, using the ferry to cross Spencer's Gulf, following the IndiPac route near/through Adelaide where necessary.

[  ] After Adelaide, I plan to go "cross country" towards Melbourne, avoiding the GOR.

[  ] From Melbourne I'll be riding through to Sydney.

(I'm going to avoid the Australian Alps...it's not going to be enjoyable at all trying to get a fully loaded Velomobile through the area. Not to mention if there's ANY chance of snow!)

So, off into the wilderness I go....

"MD'sTour4Legacy"

No comments:

Post a Comment