Thursday 13 April 2023

Day 26 ...Tour 4 Legacy

Up early 5am,
Newly repacked and any "unused stuff" was sent on home ... if I haven't used it up until now, I doubt I'll be needing it from here on...and should I require anything, shops are practically on every corner now, and no longer 200km apart 😎

Efficiency must have improved in repacking as I'm out and at it by 6.45am 🤔

Things to do today....

1. Climb out of Adelaide 
2. Hopefully end up somewhere near Tailem Bend...over 100km away. 

Item One....
Cycle Crafters Pathway to the summit....keeping it simple....one pedal stroke after another...it's only 15km. 

The sign says "Adelaide Hills".... I noticed that the climbing started as soon as I left last night's accommodation ..1st 2%, then 3%,
..I know this will take some doing....


Many pedal strokes later.... 

After some 7%, 8% and a couple of 9% 🥵 "bits" and everything in between 🥵🥵🥵

They told me there was an Eagle on the Hill....

Happy, happy, joy, joy..... sort of! 

2 full hours for 15km. Yeah. It's steep! 

Crafters Bean Cafe...
1st...chocolate milk for recovery 🧋
2nd....curry pie to appease the worms 🥧
3rd...relax with a coffee ☕️ 


Second part of the day ...get to Strathalbyn via Echunga and Macclesfield. Apparently there's some more undulations....😎🥵😎🥵

Probably just as much up 🥵, as there was down 🚀  

Lunch in Strathalbyn  

Fuelled and ready to bolt out to the Wellington Ferry via Langhorne. 
Flatland velomobile territory 🚀🚀,  let's let it rip 🚀.

We're cooking with gas now....scooting along and rarely dropping below 30kph...even with a fairly strong crosswind most of the way to the Ferry. I doubt an upright bike could hold that pace in the same conditions. 

Thanks to The Ferryman 👍.


It's just gone 4pm, I've done over 100km. Time to find a bush camp,  where I can hide a bright orange velomobile in the scrub....
A short ride further on and I think I've found a suitable place. 




Yep...this'll work. 👍👍🏕











No comments:

Post a Comment