Saturday 3 May 2014

Day 26. Virginia into Adelaide

Hmmm it's raining. I'm about 30km north of Adelaide. I've checked the BoM site & there appears to be a break in the rain radar... that'll be my "escape window ". Let's go. 

Well, it lasted about 20mins before I caught the first rain shower. No probs, drop on the rain hatch, pedal on. 
10mins later the heavens opened!
AND DID THEY OPEN !!!!

It absolutely bucketed down.. Good thing  I'm in the Rotovelo... I remained quite dry apart from the spray of passing traffic & the wind blown mist through the open sides of the Flevobike roof. It was actually pretty enjoyable. On the dual-lane road, I took the left hand lane, making the traffic do what it is supposed to do.. Overtake correctly! Not squeeze past. I had all lights blazing, front headlight & flasher plus taillight & rear flasher. 
All good.  :-)

I dropped in on the crew at GMK Logistics in Pooraka. They were amazed I think, when I arrived in one piece AND pretty dry for how hard it was raining. :-)
Thanks for the hot coffee & chat guys,  & for a respite from the rain for a bit. It was very much appreciated. 

After GMK, I had to wait a few hours for my next "bed owners" S&A,to return from work, so a good place to hide from the weather is under the "Golden Arches".. for a feed, free wifi & a coffee. 


My first Maccas grub in 2740km. 

I spent a great night with S&A. 
Great food , cleansing ales, good conversation...best of all, a hot shower & warm bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment