Monday 19 May 2014

Day 41. Albury to bush camp 20k N of Tarcutta.


Today being Sunday, I reckon an early star would be good. I've had a comfortable night at the YHA. A decent meal & my gear laundered. 
I'm packed & on the road at 7. Just before sunrise. The streets in town are empty & so is the highway. 
It's not long before I hit the hills. 

Slowly climb, quick descent... Slowly climb, quick descent.... 
There's some sort of pattern here ;-) lol
After all it is the Riverina area of NSW. 



I made it into Holbrook. The Submarine town...



The RV tells me that when it grows up, it wants to be a Submarine too ...
But, it has hasn't realised it had foot-holes LOL & an unsealed conning tower ! 




The Submarine Cafe next door was convenient for a calorie top up... 


Before hitting the hills again...

Slowly climb, quick descent... Slowly.....
Yep ... More of the same....

At the top of Kyeamba Gap, a good 20min climb @ 6km/h...LUNCH CALL
A nice little rest area, & lunch with a local. 


Before yet another flying descent... 75km/h & rolling out after 5km... Now THAT was fun!!!

By 3pm (& 130km) I had made it to Tarcutta. The town at the half-way point between Sydney & Melbourne. 


436km to Melbourne. 
428km to Sydney. 

A tip from the Grey Nomads... there's free hot showers at the Truck Change-over Terminal....SCORE!!
Just what I need after slogging up the hills ;-). 

A gentle cruise up a couple more climbs after a shower when I spotted a nice secluded campsite on the side of the Highway. Below a stand of pine trees... made for a nice soft underlay for bed tonight. :-)

Darkness & dinner.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment